Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Differences. Acceptance. Healing.

“Women have a superhighway going on their minds- while men have this crooked country road. And you’re lucky if a word gets over.” -Michael Meade


‘Most men want to get to the point, the product or solution, and every issue or matter has to have one, otherwise it’s not worth talking about.’


I have learned that, like many ladies, I think and speak and feel using up the most complex systems in our body. And to men- it's 'going on and on and around in circles; just get to the point'. That’s time immemorial when ‘women stood in their caves, stirring the soup with one hand, bouncing the baby on the other hip, singing a lullaby, and kicking the woolly mammoth out the door with the other foot.’


It’s just right that we come to appreciate the fullness of our intelligence as it comes to us from within our body- especially in the most trying of times!


Our culture has skewed the nurturing metaphor in order that we’d give ourselves away without nurturing our very own. We give and give … and give some more, until the well dries up. Funny, as Dr. Northrup said, if men and women generally went around without shirts, people would see that the major wound for women is where breastfeeding is- the symbol for nurture; while men, down the center of their chests- because many men need to learn how to open their hearts!



I definitely don’t want it to take me years before really rotting in the dry well of my life before I feel complete trust in my heart, and learn to stop before giving more than I can bear.


What purpose this illness of mine serves, I am not sure exactly, but felt that it was well incompatible of my chosen life’s work months ago- something that hindered my whole healing.


It isn’t ok that I’m missing so much of myself. This is literally: Breaking down to breakthrough. My healing, I realized, needs a paradigm shift.


As Adrienne Rich says, women need to know that they are capable of intelligent thoughts (and I say everything beautiful and divine). And we need to know that blessed fact RIGHT NOW!


From Goethe- Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius power and magic in it. Begin it now!


Looking with a heart that needs cleansing and taking a whole paradigm shift, I’m on it now- almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment